Graphic Design/Communication Coordinator
Job Summary: The Graphic Design/Communications Coordinator works with the Director of Marketing & Communications to implement and communicate statewide messaging, marketing and branding initiatives. This is a full-time exempt position.
Serves as the lead designer and producer on all marketing and communication materials for the Wisconsin chapter, including supporting Mission Delivery, Medical Outreach, Development, Administration and both Regional Offices with graphic design, copywriting, photo editing, etc.
- Co-edits, interviews, co-writes, designs and manages the printing for the quarterly newsletter, “Wishful Thinking.” Also prepares the files for online viewing.
- Writes stories and designs graphics for use in the bi-weekly e-newsletter sent to volunteers, board members, wish families and donors.
- Contributes text and graphics as needed for the wisconsin.wish.org Web site and social media channels.
- Works with Director of Marketing & Communications to develop the look of cause-related marketing programs, local and national corporate partnerships and statewide internal fundraisers.
- Coordinates the design, copywriting and printing of both printed and digital collateral materials for Make-A-Wish Wisconsin and internal fundraisers (Wish Night®, Walk For Wishes®, Season of Wishes®, Make-A-Wish Golf Outing, etc.).
- Creates office materials (letterhead, pocket folders, note cards, etc.) and additional documents as needed for other departments (wish-granter certificates, donor certificates, etc.).
- Works with the Director of Marketing & Communications to create, develop and manage all video needs, including managing in-kind and hired videographers and developing the Chapter’s YouTube Channel.
- Has working knowledge of the print process, manages relationships with print vendors and secures in-kind donations from print and paper vendors as well as outside designers.
- Assists the Director of Marketing & Communications in reviewing all collateral materials for compliance with national style guidelines.
- Manages all photography, including events, securing professional photographers or other in-kind support for events and projects as needed, editing and uploading photos to social media, and archiving wish kid photos and wish art for future use.
- Oversees the day-to-day projects of the Communications Intern.
- Assists with special events as necessary.
- BA or BS Degree in Graphic Arts. Candidate must have at least 3 years graphic design experience.
- Extremely creative with a passion for design and typography and the ability to communicate a message to target audiences with high visual impact.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented professional with excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills required. Ability to work independently and as part of a team a must.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks, deadlines, budgets, priorities and delegation.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office; working knowledge of HTML/CSS and video editing software a plus.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups and willingness to work occasional evening and weekend hours as required.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 21, 2018.
Subject Line should read “Graphic Design/Communications Coordinator”
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Download a copy of the Graphic Design/Communications Coordinator