Director of Finance and Operations
We are looking for a Director of Finance and Operations to join our team. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of Make-A-Wish Wisconsin’s business operations including finance, budgeting and data, administration, human resources, audit and compliance, in accordance with the performance standards, policies and procedures set by Make-A-Wish America and Make-A-Wish Wisconsin. This position reports to the President & CEO and is a key member of the chapter’s senior leadership team.
KEY SKILLSETS ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Someone who has non-profit accounting experience
- Understands the budget process
- Is experienced or familiar with 990 tax exempts
- Experience with all aspects of Human Resources
- Charity Watchdog applications experience
- Strong leadership skills
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration required. Previous non-profit accounting, fiscal management and budgeting experience required with at least 6 years progressive leadership experience.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Director of Finance and Operations has overall responsibility for revenue management, budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and strategic leadership.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented professional with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Proficient technical skills using sophisticated accounting software and Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to interact with all employees and a diverse group of stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal communication and customer service skills essential.
- Flexibility to work events, evenings and weekends as needed.
POSITION’S MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all aspects of the chapter’s accounting functions on an accrual method of accounting including cash receipts, cash disbursements, in-kinds, fixed assets, depreciation, inventory, all transactions related to the general ledger, bank and investment reconciliations, payables, etc.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Chapter financials. Certify quarterly financial reports to the National Office.
- Prepare for an independent annual financial audit following PBC List by a Certified Public Accounting firm identified and approved by the National Office. Ensure annual audit is timely, runs smoothly and results in an accurate Financial Statement.
- Working with an outside CPA firm, ensure preparation of annual Federal 990 and State tax returns are completed and filed timely and accurately.
- Lead the Chapter’s annual budget process.
- Monitor cash flow.
- Reporting and staff liaison to the Finance Committee/Board working in conjunction with the Board Treasurer.
- Implement controls for fundraising events; training volunteers to handle cash according to our standards.
- Monitor contribution receivables and collection follow up in conjunction with the Development staff.
- Supervise entry and reporting of in-kinds gifts
- Internal Event accounting. Assist with Special Events as needed.
- Work with Director of Mission Delivery as it relates to Wish expenses and the annual Pending Wish Liability entry.
- Serve as the main contact for Employee Credit Cards. Oversee expense entry and reconciliation.
- Lead annual Functional Time Study and monitor spending as it relates to our functional % ratio.
- Develop, update, implement and enforce Internal Control policies to safeguard chapter assets and operations.
- Manage all audit and compliance processes. Prepare for National compliance audits to ensure Make-A-Wish Wisconsin remains in compliance in all aspects of chapter operations and to ensure transparency to the public. Train all staff to remain compliant at all times.
- Update all Chapter policies annually for audits.
- Complete applications for Charity Watchdog organizations.
- Maintain all Government documents and licenses.
- Maintain working knowledge of and comply with performance standards set by the National Office. Meet with President & CEO and senior staff to train and assist staff on changes to standards on an on-going basis.
- Maintain all Chapter legal documents.
- Update and maintain chapter information on NOAH (National Office Application Host).
Administration and Human Resources
- Process Payroll and related entries.
- Assist in the hiring process of employees and on-board new employees.
- Maintain and update employee handbook.
- Seek out, develop and implement all Chapter benefits. Reconcile and enter payments into accounting system by function.
- Report Statement of Values annually and updates National with changes for Liability insurance.
- Maintain employee personnel files, including employee evaluations and current job descriptions.
- Attend National conferences, including financial symposiums to learn new laws and standards, remaining up to date on nonprofit best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations.
- Supervise, train, engage and mentor Accounting & Office Manager and Technology Manager.
- Work with President & CEO on Strategic Plan and growth objectives for the organization. Regularly evaluate the Finance Department structure/function for continual improvement.
- Responsible for maintaining all office leases and lease accounting.
- Maintain historical chapter information.
- Oversee chapter’s IT manager and technology operations including database management.
To apply: https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/jobapplication/409631?appsource=ccp